October 27, 2014 12:03 PM PDT
The Mucho Soul team have taken advantage of the exra hour gained from the clocks going back and have prepared a fun packed two hours of listening pleasure in readiness for your ghoulish activities at the end of the week for Halloween.
Ket's back on a Soulful tip again and steers us through recently discovered old tracks from Luther Ingram, 702, Rachelle Ferrelle and through fresh recordings from Emma Donovan and Calvin Richardson.
Nu Disco is a current buzz word, so two new hot pieces from Leebo Freeman and an exclusive unreleased edit from Quincy Jointz and then back on to the electronic side with selections from Boral Kibil, Huxley and Audiojack.
Alan's second hour begins with forthcoming freshness from Gerardo Frisina and its then time to recollect on the live acts and DJ's that represented at the Southport Heritage Weekender.
Musical rareties and underplayed delight follow from Steps, Bobby Sheen, Rob Mullins, Lonnie Liston Smith and Sabryna Child, plus Kindred The Family Soul (in London next month), Danny Krivits edit of an Incognito classic and big love as always for Kid Fonque (Atjazz Stable) and Siji getting loved up by Osulande under his Yoruba moniker.....
Enjoy the ride!!!
Mucho Soul Radio Show 26.10.14
1. Luther Ingram – Ain’t That Lovin You (I've Been Here All The Time) Koko Records 1972
2. 702 - Certified Motown Records 2003
3. Emma Donovan & The PutBacks - Dawn HopeStreet Recordings 2014
4. Rachelle Ferrell - I Gotta Go Capitol Records 2000
5. Calvin Richardson - Home in a Minute Jordan House Records 2014
6. Leebo Freeman - Hot Ways (Original Mix) ISM Records 2014
7. Selection - Rebel On The Run (Quincy Jointz & Shaddy edit) Full Time Records 1982
8. Boral Kibil - Anka (Mahmut Orhan Remix) Rikodisco Records 2014
9. Huxley - Reassign AUS Music 2014
10.Audiojack - Jacob's Ladder (Original Mix) Systematic Records 2014
1. Gerardo Frisina - Selvatico (Schema 2014)
2. Steps - Bullet Train (Better Days 1981)
3. Lonnie Liston Smith - Speak About It (Columbia 1980)
4. Rob Mullins - Samba (RMC Records 1985)
5. Incognito - The Road (Danny Krivit Edit) (Ibadan 2003)
6. Bobby Sheen - Something New To Do (Warner Brothers 1972)
7. Sabryna Chyld - Be My King (Soundcloud 2011)
8. Kindred The Family Soul - Far Away (Hidden Beach 2003)
9. Kid Fonque Ft Nia Andrews - What I Do (Atjazz Recordings 2014)
10. Siji - Children of the Sun (Yoruba Soul remix) (Bandcamp 2014)
October 21, 2014 11:58 PM PDT
The Mucho Soul boys were up at the big Southport Heritage Wknd this week but before departing they left us with a pre-recorded two hour soulful selection of upfront beats and more platters that matter. Ket's first hour includes new music from Rigmore Gutafsson and Kim Waters with guest vocals from Eric Roberson and theres a new fresh Dubbin remix for Imaginations classic crossover hit "Body Talk". Chaka Khans "What You Did" from the Naughty album also gets the re-edit treatment from JM before Ket hits us with a handful of heavy hitters from Handmade, Freerange, Needwant and Peppermint Jam finishing his hour with a lovely Jimpster remix for GTO and S-Man. In The second hour Alan drops another track from the Star performer at The Southport Heritage Wkndr Rachelle Ferrell taken from her stunning Japanese debut album from 1990. This is followed by a largely overlooked track from Freddie Hubbards 1970's material for Columbia and a triplet of Northern Soul sevens to co-incide with the release this week of Elaine Constantines much acclaimed movie. Al continues his weekly delve into the Ibadan back catalogue, celebrating 20 years of the label with a lovely accoustic piece from Ten City and then gives us some Raul Midon to tie in with his visit to London next month. The show is rounded off with three from the deep end via Culoe De Song for Innervisions, The Deep Africans for BGK and a great Rhemi remix for Makin Moves.
Don't forget, you can win a pair of tickets for Raul Midons London show at Under The Bridge taking place on Fri Nov 7th by answering the question in Al's second hour and send your answer along with the answer to last weeks question together with your name and your guests name to firstname.lastname@example.org
Good luck and enjoy the show!
Competition now closed, Congratulations to Jan Whalley
Hour One with Ket Shah
1. Rigmore Gustafsson Ft. Dalasinfonietta – Forget About The Midnight (ACT 2014)
2. Kim Waters Ft. Eric Roberson – Laying Beside Me (Red River Ent 2014)
3. Imagination – Body Talk (Night Dubbin Remix) (ISM Records 2014)
4. Chaka Khan - What You Did (JM Edit) (KAT 2014)
5. Ato Rodriguez - Greg Chicago (Handmade Recs 2014)
6. Hyenah Ft. Aquarius Heaven - Tale From The Dirt (Freerange 2014)
7. Vimes - Celestial (Gardens Of God Remix) (Needwant 2014)
8. Chew Fu Ft. Steve Clisby - Purple Rain (Mousse T Mix) (Peppermint Jam 2014)
9. GTO, S-Man - 2 Close (Jimpster Remix) (Undr The Radr 2014)
Hour Two with Alan Kenny Arscott (DJ A.K.A)
1. Rachelle Ferrell - Prayer Dance (Somethin’ Else 1990)
2. Freddie Hubbard - Neo Terra (Columbia 1976)
3. Ann Sexton - You’ve Been Gone To Long (Impel 1971)
4. Seven Souls - I Still Love You (Okeh 1967)
5. The Five Stairsteps & Cubie - Stay Close To Me (Curtom 1968)
6. Ten City - Nothings Changed (Acroostic Mix) (Ibadan 1996)
7. Raul Midon - Sunshine (Sacred Rhythm Mix) (Vega 2008)
8. Deep88 - 100% Kamelhaar (12Records 2012)
9. Culoe De Song Ft. Busie Mhlongo - Webaba (Innervisions 2010)
10. Deep Africans - Soul Projection (BGK Records 2014)
11. Gianluca Pighi, M.Paramour, Ahmad Larnes - Come With Me (Rhemi Mix) (Makin Moves 2014)
October 14, 2014 02:47 PM PDT
The Mucho Soul team provide the necessary fuel to warm the soul as the weather suddenly turns wet and cold.
In the first hour Ket introduces some of his favourite new album cuts from Rob E Smith, Zac Love, Herb Albert, Raul Midon, The Baker Brothers, Noel Gourdin, plus a couple of older choices from the Legendary Trammps and Franck McComb. There's up-front promo's a-plenty to finish the first hour with selections from Hamza & Audio Units, Ganga Ft. Vanessa Daou, Alex Barck & Jonatan Backelie and Club Squisito.
In the second hour, Alan continues his support for the new skool with album cuts from Theo Croker Ft Dee Dee Bridgewater, Farnell Newton Ft. Jarrod Lawson and then shares his appreciation of some of his favourite labels including Far-Out, G.A.M.M, Yoruba, Ibadan, DM and Vega with selections from the likes of Sean Khan Ft. Omar, D’Ray, Jonny Miller & D-Malice featuring this weeks cover star Sabrina Chyld, Drala, Toto Chiavetta, Elements Of Life Ft Anane, Noel Nanton endong the show nicely with Josh Milan & Chieko Kinbara.
We have two tickets for Raul Midon at Under The Bridge on Friday Nov 7th up for grabs. Question One: Raul Midon made the track 'Mi Amigo Cubano' from his latest album after a phone call from which famous Soul Singer?
For Question Two you'll have to listen in to next weeks show!
Please email both answers along with your name with the subject Raul Midon Competition to email@example.com
Mucho Soul Show 12.10.14
Hour One with Ket Shah
1. Rob E Thomas - Make It With You (Regal Records 2014)
2. Zac Love – Vibe On This Cold (Busted Records 2014)
3. Herb Albert – Don’t Cry Shout! (Factory 2014)
4. Raul Midon – Mi Amigo Cubano (Mack Avenue 2014)
5. The Baker Brothers – Love Atonement (Fish Legs 2014)
6. Noel Gourdin - Foxxxy (Top Notch Music 2014)
7. The Trammps - I Know That Feeling (Philly Int 1975)
8. Frank McComb - Wishful Thinking (Boobeescoot Music 2010)
9. Club Squisito - Nothing In A World, Pt. 2 (Radio-Line 2014)
10. Alex Barck & Jonatan Backelie - We Get High (Kalabrese Remix)(Sonar Kollektiv 2014)
11. Hamza & Audio Units - Chez Guru (Spirit Catcher Remix) (Wind Horse 2014)
12. Ganga feat. Vanessa Daou – Late Into The Night (Terry Lee Brown Jr. Remix)(KIDD Records 2014)
Hour Two With Alan Kenny Arscott (DJ A.K.A)
1. Theo Croker Ft Dee Dee Bridgewater - I Can’t Help It (Okeh Records 2014)
2. Farnell Newton Ft. Jarrod Lawson - Everything Is Clear (Farnell Newton Music 2011)
3. Sean Khan Ft. Omar - Don’t Let The Sun Go Down (4 Hero Mix) (Far Out 2014)
4. D’Ray -Here We Pie Again (El Barrio Recipe) (Gamm Records 2014)
5. Jonny Miller & D-Malice Ft. Sabrina Chyld - Let It Grow (DM Recordings)
6. Drala - datFREAKY (Yoruba Records 2014)
7. Toto Chiavetta - Become One (Jerome Sydenham’s Special Edit) (Ibadan 2014)
8. Elements Of Life Ft Anane - You Came Into My Life (Artistic Soul Remix) (Vega Records 2014)
9. Noel Nanton - Everlasting (Principios De La Vida Mix) (DNH 2014)
10.Josh Milan & Chieko Kinbara - Just Like Love (Vega Records 2014)
October 07, 2014 03:20 AM PDT
With Autumn now well and truly open us The Mucho Soul team deliver a selection of golden tones of their own with another two hours of musical soulful goodness. In the first hour Ket gives us new music from Leslie Odom Jr, Kat Edmonson, The Karen Lane Organ Project and Joce Breach. Theres also a dig into the archives for some vintage Jackie Wilson and a track taken from the latest offering from Kem on Motown. Lay-Far delivers yet agin on the remix front for Sander Mölder before Ket drops a tasty triplet featuring Nachtbraker, Bodhi, Josh Butler & Bontan Ft. Josh Barry ending the first hour with a David Britton Remix of the Gladys Knight classic 'Neither One Of Us.'
In The second hour Alan drops another track from Soul Album of the year from Jarrod Lawson to co-incide with his debut UK shows at Ronnie Scotts. He follows this with classic live material from Marlena Shaw plus some Gil Scott Heron and Minnie Ripperton. Theres also a couple of Hip-Hop numbers this week from Somethin’ For The People and A Tribe Called Quest before unleashing this weeks House selections featuring new releases from Deeper Shades, Atjazz, Innervisions and B Pitch Control. The show ends with a new release from Mr Scruff via Ninja Tunes. Enjoy!
Mucho Soul Radio Show 05.10.14
Hour One with Ket Shah
1. Leslie Odom Jr. - Look For The Silver Lining (Borderlight Ent 2014)
2. Kat Edmonson - What Else Can I Do (OKeh 2014)
3. Karen Lane Organ Project - A Handful Of Soul (CD Baby 2014)
4. Joyce Breach Ft. Mike Renzi - Sunday Afternoon (CD Baby 2014)
5. Jackie Wilson - You're The Song I Can't Stop Singing (Brunswick 1976)
6. Kem - Do What You Gotta Do (Motown 2014)
7. Sander Mölder - In Your Eyes (Lay-Far Remix) (Rebirth 2014)
8. Nachtbraker - Alright (Dirt Crew 2014)
9. Bodhi - Satisfaction (Exploited 2014)
10. Josh Butler & Bontan Ft. Josh Barry – We Found A Place (MTA 2014)
11. Gladys Knight & The Pips – Neither One Of Us (David Britton Remix) (Motown 1973)
Hour Two with Alan Kenny Arscott (D.J A.K.A)
1. Jarrod Lawson - All That Surrounds (Dome 2014)
2. Marlena Shaw - It Is Love (Verve 1987)
3. Gil Scott Heron - A Legend In His Own Mind (Arista 1980)
4. Minnie Ripperton - Here We Go (Capitol 1980)
5. Somethin’ For The People Ft Phife Dawg - All I Do (J Dilla Mix) (Warner Bros 1997)
6. A Tribe Called Quest - The Love (Jive Records 1998)
7. Fast Vision Soul - New York City (Deeper Shades 2014)
8. Thee Gobbs Tsholo - The Love (Atjazz Floor Dub) (Atjazz Recs 2014)
9. Culoe De Song - Y.O.U.D (Innervisions 2014)
10. Joy Wellboy - Before The Sunrise (Dixon Mix) (B Pitch Control)
11. Mr. Scruff - We Are Coming (Max Graef Remix) (Ninja Tunes 2014).
September 30, 2014 02:30 AM PDT
This weeks Mucho Soul Show is packed full of vocalists of the highest order as Carmen Lundy, Omar, Victor Haynes, Dionne, Lewis Taylor, Don E and Anita Baker all pop up during Ket and Al's two hours of weekly musical goodness! Ket gets things rolling in hour one with new music from KJ Denhert, Hyleen Gil featuring Omar and a track from the new Together album from Victor Haynes. Theres a great new album from Carmen Lundy out this month and Ket picks his fav cut "Everything I Need". Theres also airings for the new releases from Electric G, SBTRKT and DJ Center and an upfront Kyodai remix from Stee Downes before rounding things off with a new cut from Glenn Underground.
Alan's second hour begins with the British Jazz Sound of now with a track from Adam Scrimshires Forgotten Songs Vol 2 EP featuring trumpeteer Matthew Halsall. This is followed by new music from the emerging Dallas diva Dionne's new album and a couple of past personal favs from Anita Baker and Lewis Taylor. Theres also a track from K.L Hamilton taken from Z Records "Under The Influence Vol 4" comp compiled by Nick The Record and some 20th Century RnB from Don E's new album. Al's Afro and House choices include Groove Cartell, Deep Natives and E Jay, Over 12 and M.C.M before ending the show with a new release from Kasi Vibes from Cornelius. Enjoy.
Hour One with Ket Shah
1. KJ Denhert – Goodbye Sunny Friend (KJ Denhert Music 2014)
2. Hyleen Gil Ft. Omar – Can You Love Me (Gotta Recs 2014)
3. Victor Haynes - Together (Expansion Recs 2014)
4. Carmen Lundy – Everything I Need (Afrasia 2014)
5. King P & Bright Breeze Ft. Carryn Kramer - Bitter Sweet (Warrior Dub )(Do It Now 2014)
6. Electric G - Welcome To Berlin (Max Duke Remix) (Redlight 2014)
7. Stee Downes - Caught Up (Kyodai Remix) (Sonar Kollective 2014)
8. SBTRKT - Everybody Knows (Young Turks 2014)
9. Dj Center Ft. Akoya Afrobeat - Dem Say Ah (Push The Fader 2014)
10. Glenn Underground - A Soft Drink (Glenview 2014)
Hour Two with Alan Kenny Arscott (D.J A.K.A)
1. Scrimshire Ft. Matthew Halsall - Saltwater (BandCamp 2014)
2. Dionne - Swim Around (Lounge Mix) (Dionne Music 2014)
3. Lewis Taylor - Lucky (Acoustic Version) (Slow Reality 2004)
4. Anita Baker - Been So Long (Elektra 1986)
5. KL Hamilton - I’m Trying (Z Records 2014)
6. Don-E - I Got It Self (Don-E Music 2014)
7. Groove Cartell - Waitin In Vain (Boddhi Satvah Afrik Instrumental) (Double Cheese 2014)
8. Deep Natives - 1000 Elements (Sofa Lounge Records 2014)
9. E-Jay, Over 12, and M.C.M. - Sensual Seduction (M. Caporale Afro Soul Remix) (Mo Black 2014)
10. Cornelius - I’ll Make It (Cula’s Midnight Dream Mix) (Kasi Vibes 2014)
September 23, 2014 05:14 AM PDT
The Mucho Soul Team are back in full effect armed with new music a-plenty this week as Al returns to the studio after a short break in Greece. In the first hour Ket digs deep for past time pleasures from Lenny Williams and Young Holt Unlimited. There's also new music from Claire Martin, Omer Avital and Mark Jennett before getting into some Jazz bizniz and nu-electronica with cuts from Elizabeth Shepherd, Fabrizio Bosso & Marco Moreggia and Lay. Ket then finishes his hour with a tail end trio featuring Daniel Ray, Gareth Bilaney and The Beat Rivals Ft. Flexia Muiso.
Al's second hour selection begins with a tribute to the late great Jazz Crusader Joe Sample including a big Robbie Vincent fav from his Hunter album and the stunning Merry Clayton version of Joe's Melodies Of Love "When The World Turns Blue" plus a Pulse Re-Edit for Minnie Ripperton featuring Joe on keys. There's also a Motown moment from David Ruffin and a soulful seven inch number from Chocolate Snow before the new beats begin with a cut from Rainer Truby's Slouse comp from Compost, new music from Freerange and Tony Humphries Tony label plus a couple of Afro House numbers to finish the show off with. Enjoy!
Hour one with Ket Shah
1. Lenny Williams - Sometimes Love (Warner Bros 1974)
2. Claire Martin - Early To Bed (Linn Recs 2014)
3. Omer Avital – New Song (Plus Loin Music 2014)
4. Young Holt Unlimited - Baby Your Light Is Out (Brunswick 1968)
5. Mark Jennett - Wives and Lovers (Jazzizit 2014)
6. Elizabeth Shepherd Ft. Lionel Loueke - Willow (Pinwheel Music 2014)
7. Fabrizio Bosso & Marco Moreggia – Magic Susi (Universal 2014)
8. Lay - Mankind (Arale Recs 2014)
9. Daniel Ray - You Are Me (Buxton 2014)
10. Gareth Bilaney - Jazz Me Up (DeepWit Recs 2014)
11. Beat Rivals Ft. Flexia Muiso - Why Do I (Rival Beat Recs 2014)
Hour two with Alan Kenny Arscott (D.J A.K.A)
1. Joe Sample - Night Flight (MCA 1983)
2. Merry Clayton Ft. Joe Sample - When The World Turns Blue (Melodies Of Love) (MCA 1980)
3. Minnie Riperton Ft. Joe Sample - Baby, This Love I Have (Pulse Rework) (Epic 1975)
4. David Ruffin - Smiling Faces Sometimes (Tamla Motown 1974)
5. Chocolate Snow – A Day In The Life (Fryers 2013)
6. Fetsum - Waitin For You (Paskal & Urban Absolutes Remix) (Compost 2014)
7. Bas Amro - You and Me (Freerange 2014)
8. Soulful Session Ft. Maya Blu - Promise (Tony Records 2014)
9. Andyboi - Time Machine (Afro Rebel Music 2014)
10. Khensy, MdCL - Hiya Kaya The Return (QBs Bootleg) (Warm Days 2014)
September 15, 2014 11:19 AM PDT
Musical diversity in abundance this show as Ket is allowed to dig into the Worldwide crates as Alan is away on family business abroad.
Its with sadness that we include a variation of a classic from Joe Sample (R.I.P) and Lalah Hathaway in the first hour and balance it with deeper selections from Gregory Porter, Airto, Brian Jackson, Alejandra Ribera and James Gruntz. We tease with a new cut from the forthcoming Elizabeth Shepherd album and revive compilation and re-released album cut selections from Mycle Wastman, Billy Griffina and Little Dooley. The Inbox got massaged with a new promo from Atjazz Recording Co (with the help of Osunlade)and the first hour finishes with a Marva Whitney inspired edit.
Our Manchester friend Matthew Halsall has had a strong year with his Gondwana Label and his live and DJ appearances, so it was a pleasure to lift a track from one of his new projects, this is followed by one of the best drummers in the world, Eric Harland, followed by some nice cutting from Cold Busted new signing Eddie Shinn. We then go left for new selections from 959er feat Nomi Solo and Maya Jane Coles and Gaps.
Its then back on to the house tip with selections from J Massive, Kasato Dawane & The Russian, Mastergroove feat Orlando Johnson, Jose Vizcaino and to finish A Man Made Marlon.....
If you around the SouthBank, London on Saturday do pop in to Topolski and then its Rootdown UK with Rainer Trueby and next week its all about Deep Into Soul on 27th Sept 2014 and if you need tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org...
1. Kentyah, M1, Brian Jackson & The New Midnight Band feat Airto & Gregory Porter - Song of the Wind Membran Records 2013
2. Alejandra Ribera - Goodnight Persephone Pheromone Recordings 2014
3. Joe Sample & Lalah Hathaway - Street Life GRP Records 1999
4. James Gruntz - City Lights Bakara Music 2014
5. Elizabeth Shepherd - What's Happening Pinwheel Music 2014
6. Mycle Wastman - Last One To Know Unsigned 2013
7. Billy Griffin - Understand Columbia Records 1982
8. Little Dooley - (It's Got To Be) Now Or Never North Bay 1972
9. Alexander Skancke feat. HEwrote - Found My Place (Vinny Villbass Tropical Mix) Eskimo Recordings 2014
10.Martin Iveson - Cobra (An Afefe Iku Offering)Atjazz Records 2014
11.Jerome C - You Better Think (Original Mix) Apersonal Music 2014
1. Mammal Hands - Kandaiki Gondwana Records 2014
2. Eric Harland - Relax GSI Records 2014
3. Eddie Shinn & Quincy Jointz - Boring Cold Busted 2014
4. 959er feat Nomi Solo - Jenny (Original Mix)Sowasvon Musik 2014
5. Maya Jane Coles & Gaps - In Dark, In Day (Original Mix)I/AM/ME 2014
6. J Massive - Across The Sea (Original Mix)Deep Oceon Sounds 2014
7. Kasato Dawane & The Russian - On My Side (Original Mix)PurpleSun Records 2014
8. Mastergroove feat Orlando Johnson – Give It All Up (DJ Lukas Wolf Remix)
Nero Nero Records 2014
9. Jose Vizcaino – Trading Vibes (Original Mix)Looq Records 2014
10.A Man Made Marlon – The 89 Virgo Track DanceDance.com 2014
September 08, 2014 05:08 PM PDT
Like the kids going back to school, the Mucho Soul team is re-united for the next term.
In the first hour Ket has taken the more soulful root and uncovered some cool gems from Olivia Quillio,Ben L'Oncle feat Keziaj Jones, Dominique Toney, and Angela Johnson feat Raul Midon,and then goes slightly left with a cool track from Gerald Albrights new offering and then reveals some head nodders from Yellojacket and Reva DeVito & Roane Namuh. Its then forward to the floor tappers and new selections from Jaicko, Lay-Far, Moby feat Skylar Grey and Robot Needs Oil.
Alan's second hour choices also reflect on current hot topics,including Fela Kuti (to conicide with the Find Fela movie release), Rachelle Ferrer and The Kindred Spirit (Southport Heritage 2014 Artists),The Slacksons and Dawn Pemberton (two hot releases)and then a little big of digging to unveil Eddy Senay and Matthew Larkin Cassell.
Not to disappoint the four to the floor lovers, new future rhythms from Alex Niggeman, Kaylow, The Casa Project and Stereo Tone.
We are guesting at Deep Into Soul at P.O.W on Sunday 27th September and very few concession tickets left, so if your interested, email us at email@example.com.....
1. Olivia Quillio - Easy Killer Bandcamp 2014
2. Ben L'Oncle feat Keziaj Jones - Simply Beautiful Motown 2014
3. Yellowjacket - Grocery Choppin' Cold Busted Records 2014
4. Gerald Albright – The Duke Heads Up 2014
5. Reva DeVito & Roane Namuh (feat. Sho-Tyme) - Lavender Bandcamp 2012
6. Dominique Toney - We Are Bandcamp 2014
7. Angela Johnson feat Raul Midon - I Promise (M.O.N.E.Y)Dome Records 2014
8. Jaicko - Shine (AfroCarib JusVibin Inst.) Just Vibe Records 2014
9. Lay-Far - Feel Like Making Dub Local Talk Records 2014
10.Moby, Skylar Grey - The Last Day (David Mayer Remix) Little Idiot 2014
11.Robot Needs Oil - Kiwis, Apples & Limes (Discodromo Spiritual Remix)
Canal Auditif 2014
1. Fela Kuti & Africa 70- Palm Wine Sound (Afrodisia 1977)
2. The Slacksons - Waiting For The Sun (Bulletproofsonics 2014)
3. Rachelle Ferrell - Don’t Waste Your Time (Somethin’ Else 1990)
4. Dawn Pemberton - Deeper (Do Right Music 2014)
5. Kindred The Family Soul - Everybody’s Hustling (2014)
6. Eddy Senay - Cameo (Sussex 1972)
7. Matthew Larkin Cassell - Heaven (Private Pressing 1977)
8. Alex Niggemann - Earth Symphony (Last Night On Earth 2014)
9. Dj Sonic - Dankie Sonic (Fomp Records 2014)
10.Kaylow - Nothing Better (House Afrika 2014)
11.The CASA Project - I Saw You Moving (Scara In SA Mix) (Liquidistic Vibe 2014)
12. Stereo Tone Ft Mosa - Forever Will (DNH Records 2014)
September 01, 2014 11:44 PM PDT
It's a 2 hour Mucho Soul special from DJ A.K.A this week as Ket takes a long well earned rest in Spain. In the first hour Al avoids the big beats with a four four free sixty minute selection featuring some of the best Jazz, Soul and Slow Jam gems from previous shows this year. There's music from the Black Forest from Horst Jankowski, a brilliant stripped down version of the Webster Lewis classic Barbara Ann plus a couple of 2014 Jazz releases from Ross Hillards Magic Number project and Matthew Halsall with The Gondwana Orchestra. There's also a cut form the new Spiritual Jazz Vol 5 package from Jazzman, an all time fave from Don Cunningham and a superb piece of Bass driven soul from Marcus Miller featuring the voice of Raphael Saddiq. Paul Johnsons recent biggie gets a re-spin while cover star Jarrod Lawsons potential soul album of the year is featured once again with Al's fav cut the excellent "Needed". The first hour ends with a cut from Moonchilds Please Rewind set and another re-spin for Andy Compton & Celestines "Kiss From Above".
In the second hour Al takes us deep and on to the dance floor with a solid selection of Deep House and Afro numbers. There's more music from Germany via the Watergate label for Show-B plus recent Innervison releases from Flowers & Sea Creatures and Ian Pooley. A reprise of Vick Lavenders Inspiracion Del Corazon also gets an airing whilst the weeks Afro picks include Rancido, Pascal Morais & Chappell, DJ Whisky, Johnny Miller and Zaki Ibrahim and the recent Kai Alce remix for Sandman Riverside Jeremy Ellis & Ayro. Theres also a slice of Afro RnB from Peter Hadar from 2012 and a sneaky rework of Vikter Duplaix's Manhood from Addesse Version. The show is rounded off with further music from Rancido with Bright Coffee on the Deep Journey mix of Awassa and a Mucho Soul floor filler from Soul Heaven via Cuebur and his brilliant "I See You". Enjoy!
Hour One (Jazz, Soul and Slow Jam Gems)
1. Horst Jankowski Quartett - Speech Craft (MPS 1970)
2. The Piano Choir Ft.Webster Lewis - Barbara Ann(Strata East 1975)
3. Magic Number Ft. Angela Armstrong- Song For Sophia (Numb Records 2014)
4. Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra - Patterns (Gondwana Recs 2014)
5. Chivo Borraro - Half and Half (Jazzman 2014)
6. Don Cunningham Quartet - Tabu (Exclusive Records 1965)
7. Marcus Miller Ft Raphael Saddiq - Boomerang (Telarc Records 2001)
8. Paul Johnson - Better Than this (2000 Black Mix) (Area Boy Music 2014)
9. Jarrod Lawson - Needed (Jarrod Lawson Music 2014)
10. Moonchild - Nobody (Moonchild Music 2014)
11. Andy Compton Ft. Celestine - Kiss From Above (Peng Records 2014)
Hour Two (Deep and Afro House)
1. Show- B - Dem Atmos (Watergate Records 2014)
2. Flowers and Sea Creatures - Overworld (Innervisions 2014)
3. Ian Pooley - Floris (Innervisions 2014)
4. Vick Lavender - Inspiracion Del Corazon (Reprise Mix) (Sophisticado 2014)
5. Rancido Pascal Morais Chappell - Take Our Time (DJ Tipz Dub) (Arrecha Records 2014)
6. DJ Whisky, Johnny Miller Zaki Ibrahim - Lost It All (Whisky with Keys Mix) (Tribe 2014)
7. Adesse Versions - In The Dark (White 2014)
8. Sandman Riverside Jermy Ellis Ayro - Into Your Story (Kai Alce Mix) (Fast Forward 2014)
9. Peter Hadar - Your Body (Bandcamp 2012)
10. Rancido & Bright Coffee - Awassa (Deep Journey Mix) (Deep Journey Records)
11. Cuebur Ft. Vikter Duplaix - I See You (Soul Heaven 2014)
August 11, 2014 04:17 AM PDT
This week the Mucho Soul team present their much anticipated and popular Suncébeat 2014 Review Show! To help pick through some of the musical highlights at this years festival held in Tisno, Croatia, Al & Ket invite Suncébeat 2014 debutant Ben Brophy into the studio to serve up two hours of pure Adriatic Sunshine Goodness!
In the first hour the boys drop choice picks from Gavin Kendrick, Kev Beadle and everyones dance floor favourite Osunlade. There’s also musical treats from the boat parties via a couple of Rich Medina and Ronnie Herel selections plus an unreleased HHA edit from Martin Lodge, a Soul Stage selection from Dean Sunshine Smith rounding off the first hour with Beach Stage picks from Ben Brophy and Steve Butler. The second hour takes a slightly deeper twyst via new exclusive tracks from Martin Atjazz and more from Osunlade including the spoken word poetry piece that stopped everyone in their tracks at Barbarellas from Oveous Maximus. There’s also some big fav stand out cuts from the notorious South African Sessions boat party featuring Jonny Miller, Culoe De Song, Black Coffee and Julian Gomes and a couple of bullets from Craig Smith And Ron Trent that flew from the Soul Stage during the Altered States “Ron Tent” session plus a whole lot more!
If you went to Suncébeat this year or simply wanna hear why so many now consider Suncébeat the number one Soulful Dance and House Music festival in the world today, download our podcast now for your essential listening pleasure!
1. Steve Gunn & Mike Cooper - Saudade do Santos (RVNG Intl. 2014)
As played by Gavin Kendrick Saturday Afternoon On The Beach Stage
2. B.J Smith - Prototype (NuNorthern Soul 2014)
As played by Kevin Beadle Friday Afternoon On The Mind Fluid Boat Party
3. Jazzy Jeff Featuring Erro - Rock With You (Yoruba Soul Dub) (BBE Records 2010)
As played by Osunlade during the Altered States “Ron Tent” session Sunday Afternoon
4. Nadirah Shakoor - Tree Of Life (Yoruba Records 2012)
As played by Osunlade at Barbarellas Sunday morning
5. Mirande Nicole - Dance Like You Been There (Unreleased Exclusive)
As played by Osunlade on the Beach Stage, during the Altered States “Ron Tent” Session and at Barbarellas
6. Ahmed Sirour Ft. The Fatback Band & Faith Evans - Love Wicki Like This (Bandcamp 2012)
As Played By Ronnie Herel on The Picnic Boat Monday Afternoon
7. La Famille - All Night Long (Sanity Records 1983)
As Played By Rich Medina during The Finale Beach Stage Set Tuesday Evening
8. Boogaloo Assassins - No No No (Fania Records 2013)
As played by Rich Medina on The Mind Fluid Boat Party Friday Afternoon
6. Donny Hathaway - The Ghetto (Dimitri From Paris “Inna disco” Mix) (Warner 2013)
As played By Dean Sunshine Smith on The Soul Stage on Saturday night
7. Terry Hunter Ft. Jay Adams - We Are One (The HHA Edit) (Unreleased 2014)
As played by Martin Lodge on the Beach Stage Sunday evening
9. Audiowhores - No Honey (Deep Vibe Mix) (Toolroom 2014)
As played by Steve Butler on the Beach Stage Sunday evening
10. Heavyhandz - Light Is New (Deeper Shades Recordings 2014)
As played by Ben Brophy on the Beach Stage Thursday evening
1. Horace Silver - Enchantment (The Atjazz RE-Roll Mix) (Unreleased 2014)
As played by Martin Atjazz on the Picnic Boat and Beach Stage Monday afternoon/evening
2. Oveous Maximus - iPoem (Digital Humans) (Unreleased 2014)
As played by Osunlade at Barbarellas and The Altered States “Ron Tent” session
3. Heavy K - The Gun Song (BBE 2013)
As played by Osunlade on the Beach Stage, The Altered States “Ron Tent” session and at Barbarellas
4. Kentphonik - Sunday Showers (Soul Candi Blue 2007)
As played by Johnny Miller on the South Africa Sessions Boat Party Sat eve
4. Louie Vega Ft Axel Tosca - Sunlight (Vega Records 2014)
As played by Ron Trent during The Altered States “Ron Tent” session and Barbarellas
5. Frederick - Over You (Fifty Fathoms Deep 2014)
As played by Craig Smith during the Altered States “Ron Tent” Session Sunday Afternoon.
6. Martin Iveson - To Many (Less Than Ten 2014)
As played by Julian Gomes on the South Africa Sessions Boat Party Sat eve
7. P.M Project, D-Malice - Sounds Of Soul (Soul Candi 2014)
As played by Culoe De Song on the South Africa Sessions Boat Party Sat eve
8. Black Coffee Ft. Bucie - Superman (Soulistic Music 2010)
As played by Black Coffee on The South Africa Sessions Boat Party Sat eve
9. Karizma - Twyst this (R2 Records 2012)
As played by Julian Gomes on the South Africa Sessions Boat Party sat eve